We’ve all been there. It’s really easy to get dehydrated not to mention sunburn come summertime. These are issues to be wary of year-round, but they’re particularly tricky in warmer weather. Staying hydrated in the heat can be more challenging than in cooler temperatures because we lose a significant amount of fluid through our skin in the form of sweat. Below are tips on ways in which you can stay hydrated this summer.
- Invest in a new water bottle: Having water on hand is one way to ensure you’ll remember to drink it. So keeping a refillable bottle handy is a good idea. Go for something that is BPA free which can keep your water insulated and cold for hours.
- Water and Dine: Remember too drink a glass of water with every meal and snack. Build a routine so that every time you eat, you drink water as well.
- Infuse your Water: If you find plain water uninspiring or downright hard to drink, try making infused water by adding a sliced fruit, fresh herbs, cucumber slices, lemons, and berries to your water to give it a bit of flavor and color.
- Eat Fruit: Most fruits and vegetables contain a good amount of water. Eat water-rich foods such as cucumber, watermelon, strawberries, tomatoes and zucchini. Fresh fruits like the ones mentioned here also provide dietary fiber.
- Make Ice Popsicle: Make water based Popsicle with fruits or vegetables inside. This is a good way to have a cold treat while staying hydrated as well. It counts towards your daily fluid intake.
- Try DIY Smoothies: Start the day by making homemade smoothie packed with nutrient. This a great way to start the day by getting in extra fluids through it which also counts as a breakfast meal.
- Track your water intake: Try setting reminders or an alarm on your phone to help you track your daily water intake.